Job description: OR Urgent Cares (Multiple Locations)
A physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner who functions as an independent healthcare provider working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team, he/she is responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients with acute or chronic medical conditions in an urgent care setting that includes telehealth medicine. He/she demonstrates a high degree of clinical expertise in working with patients with acute and chronic illnesses or acute injuries commonly encountered in pediatric and adult patients. He/she is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, education, health promotion, and care coordination for patients and families with acute and chronic health needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide care generally on an outpatient basis, and such pre-operative care in minor surgery is normally performed on an outpatient basis
- Seeing all ages
- Can work Independently w/ support staff. Will not have a supervising physician on-site.
- Can do at least 5-6 shifts a month.
- Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and referrals. Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties not provided by the organization for patients of the clinic
- Evaluate patients based on medical training and/or specialty to determine the medical condition of the patient through the performance of physical examinations, thereby, establishing a diagnosis and proposed treatment plan
- Perform such clinical procedures for the patient’s benefit which are within the scope and skill of the practitioner and which are economically feasible
- Communicate information to patients regarding diagnosis and treatment goals
- Maintains accurate, complete, concise, and timely documentation in the electronic medical record
- Perform other job-related duties, as may be assigned by the Medical Director
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Current, unrestricted PA or NP license in the state
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an Urgent Care Setting
- Must be able to see ALL AGES
- Knowledge of treatment and drug interactions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Will take 90-120 days to credential fully. Will do temps to get help for August/September shifts.
- Paid travel, lodging, and malpractice insurance with a tail.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
malpractice insurance with a tail.