Pharmacy Operations Manager for hospital in Las Vegas, NV.
The Pharmacy Operations Manager provides managerial support to the Director of Pharmacy and other Pharmacy Department Leadership through day to day departmental leadership and coordination of pharmacy workflow. The Operations Manager will coordinate and supervise the daily activities of Pharmacy staff delegating assignments as necessary in accordance with established policies and procedures and to maintain department productivity. This position is responsible for helping to create a patient and customer focused department in support of the delivery of exceptional patient care. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for attracting and developing a team of highly capable, committed supervisors and staff through recruiting and interviewing candidates that have a passion for patient and customer centered care.
- Manages and supervises Pharmacy operations including responsibility for formulating and implementing
- Institutional policy and practice at the department level, and overseeing day to day operations and workflow of the pharmacy department
- Assists in the planning, development, organization, operation, and evaluation of pharmacy services; assesses and
- Assists in maintaining appropriate information systems to optimize pharmacy workflow
- Changes pharmacy operations in coordination with the pharmacy management team
- Assures pharmacy staff development, new employee orientation, and ongoing training in the pharmacy in coordination with other pharmacy managers
- Helps assure that policies and procedures are updated and followed in coordination with the pharmacy
- management team
- provides other management reports as required
- Assures compliance with pharmacy laws and provides staff guidance when appropriate in regards to regulatory
- Agencies including The Joint Commission standards, National Patient Safety Goals, and USP 797, and participates in quality assurance activities to evaluate and maintain safe medication practices.
- Assists with budget preparation and ongoing cost containment initiatives for medication use and operations;
- Directs the preparation of written or oral reports at shift change to communicate incomplete assignments and
- Assures compliance with departmental productivity targets and assists with staffing proposals
- Potential patient safety concerns to ensure continuity of medication therapy and assure that patient charges, and credits are processed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates with the Information Systems Pharmacist on operational activities related to informatics, order entry.
- Systems and automated dispensing cabinets.
- Coordinates with the Pharmacy Buyer on operational activities related to drug use, control, inventory and billing
- Helps assure proper control of pharmaceutical controlled substances and maintenance of proper records and
- Keep up inventories
- Assists in the recruitment, interviewing and evaluation of pharmacists, pharmacy residents, pharmacy technicians, and pharmacy interns as applicable to the pharmacy department and helps coordinate new hire training
- Assists with personnel performance reviews and the development and retention of competent personnel in
- Coordination with the Technician Supervisor; conducts coaching and staff mentoring sessions when necessary.
- Ensures appropriate staffing of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the pharmacy, and maintains skills.
- Assist with staffing as necessary
- Ensures the accuracy of time away from work records in coordination with other department managers
- Develops pharmacist schedule and supervises pharmacists and technicians in the performance of their assign duties on a daily basis and prioritizes tasks in the event of staffing shortage
- Helps coordinate the experience of Pharmacy interns in the pharmacy and provides a rotation for Schools of
- Pharmacy as part of their experiential education programs
- Assumes other responsibilities in the management of the Pharmacy Department as delegated by the Director of Pharmacy.
- Helps to implement strategies designed to strengthen the pharmacy program
- Adheres to facility and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs as well.
- As safety, environmental and infection control standards in the performance of work duties.
- Maintains professional growth and development through continuing education seminars, workshops, and
- Professional affiliations to remain current in field of expertise.
- Maintains knowledge pertaining to facility utilization of automated dispensing processes including the use of.
- automated dispensing cabinets, software systems, over wrap packaging, and bar-coding within the facility.
- Effectively and accurately provides education or in-services on medication-related policies and procedures.
- Healthcare professionals, students, patients as needed.
- Retrieves, analyzes, evaluates and interprets scientific literature in order to provide accurate, concise, applicable, and timely drug information response to healthcare professionals.
- Manages systems for storage, preparation and dispensing of medicinal agents using appropriate techniques while
- Following the health systems policies; effectively supervises l personnel who may be involved in these processes
- Collaboratively works with all individuals involved in the medication dispensing and use process as appropriate.
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as required
- Assists with the coordination and safe dispensing of alternative medications in response to medication shortages
- Maintains a productive, collaborative relationship with all hospital staff and vendors
- Is compliant with required classes and vaccinations by CMC; i.e., Code of Conduct, influenza vaccine and TB skin, run tests.
• B.S. or PharmD. Degree from an accredited college of Pharmacy REQUIRED
• ASHP accredited residency or advanced degree (MBA, MHA, MS) PREFERRED
• 4 years’ experience as a hospital pharmacist REQUIRED
• MUST MUST MUST – Have PGY 2 in Administration
• MUST have Leadership or Supervisory Experience
RETAIL EXPERIENCE DOES NOT COUNT
- Competitive Salary depending on experience
- Comprehensive Benefit Packages (health, vision, dental.)
- Sign on Bonuses
- Retirement Packages
- Bonus Incentives