Coverage Dates: Immediately after credentialing-June 30, 2022
Schedule: 4hr shifts.
Every second Saturday- 8:30a-11a
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position will focus on prevention, wellness, and maintenance of health in partnership with patients. This will be accomplished by evaluating, treating, and educating patients in a clinic setting. Under the collaboration of a physician, performs professional medical work in the examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients according to statutory limitations. Examines and diagnoses patients and develops treatment plans. Performs testing, refers to physicians as needed, writes prescriptions, and performs administrative procedures within their scope and licensure of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
Provides comprehensive clinical patient care through interviewing, examining and treating associates and their dependents in order to meet their health and wellness needs. Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and clinical medications for patients and orders studies, tests and ancillary care services as required.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, with documentation in the medical record
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within evidence based and best practice guidelines
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence-based care and best clinical practice
- Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention by accessing available registry tools
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Refers to appropriate specialists outside the health center in a medically appropriate and efficient manner
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home, consulting and collaborating with the oversight physician as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associates’ benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff
Experience working in Primary Care Setting/ Family Medicine Clinic (1-year or more)
Active OH License
Malpractice Insurance with a tail.