PHYSICIAN – FAMILY PRACTICE Wright Patterson AFB
SITE OF SERVICE:
· Family Health Clinic, Wright Patterson Medical Center, 4881 Sugar Maple Dr, WPAFB, OH. HCWs shall receive notification two weeks prior to the reassignment to another location with a 40-mile commuting radius of their assigned MTF.
· Due to the relative unpredictability of the military mission, the occasion of deployed or otherwise occupied service members can disrupt the provision of health care in specialized medical product lines, especially those of one deep skill sets.
· When a key staff member is deployed or 4 otherwise occupied for extended periods, the remaining product line FTEs may be left struggling to be gainfully employed.
· Flexibility is required to temporarily move contracted staff within the Squadron to similar duty responsibilities/locations.
· Degree: Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.).
· Education: Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) at the time the degree was obtained (e.g. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC), College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC). A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination
Board Certification: Board Certification must be current
Certification: – HCWs shall maintain current certification in
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers in accordance with the American Health Association, based on published national guidelines for BLS, which includes both learning and psychomotor skills portion.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Internship/Residency
Successful completion of an internship and residency program
Experience: Shall have practiced as a Physician-Family Practice for 24 of the last 36 months in adult healthcare as a Primary Care Manager in a Primary Care Outpatient Clinic setting. Experience must include a minimum of 1,000 patients empaneled or supervised to the candidate and indicated in the qualifying documents. Prior experience with an Electronic Medical Record system and Microsoft programs is highly desirable.
Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice medicine as required.
Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Registration: DEA registration numbers are required
· U.S. Citizenship: HCWs performing under this contract shall be U.S. citizens.
English Language Requirement: The Contractor shall ensure that all HCWs providing services under this contract are able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate.
HCW Physical Capability: HCWs shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the contract.
HCW will provide adult-based health care services as a Primary Care Manager for an assigned empanelment of at least 1,000 patients aged 18 and older in a Family Health Clinic setting to include Active Duty members.
Perform a full range of physician services in accordance with privileges granted by the MTF.
Direct, perform or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals within the scope of the clinical privileges or responsibilities.
Examine, diagnose, treat or prescribe courses of treatment within the scope of training, experience, and privileges.
Provide preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
Order diagnostic tests as applicable as well as request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
Technically proficient in directing and teaching other medical staff, providing educational lectures, and participating in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocols.
·The Family Practice Clinic hours of operation are 0700-1700 hours M-F.
·Schedules will be posted 4-6 months in advance.
·HCWs are required to project absences a minimum of 60-days in advance.
·Schedule changes within a 60-day window require completion of the clinic schedule change request form.