- Completes all assigned procedures and therapies within the specific time frame.
- Reports supply and equipment needs to the team leader and/or charge nurse.
- Assists with the transfer of patients.
- Assists physician in the performance of select procedures.
- Operates specialty equipment per manufacturer’s recommendation and/or policy and procedures.
- Assists with providing care for the patient both pre-, intra, and post-specialized procedure.
- Assists with transporting and positioning patient on the operating bed, specific to operative procedure, type of anesthetics to be used, and use of protective devices as indicated.
- Performs item counts to include but not limited to: sponges, sharps, vessel loops/umbilical tapes, bovie cleaner, pre-, intra, and post operatively.
- Take appropriate action if item count is not correct and informs the appropriate staff.
- Monitors patient’s response to surgical intervention intra-operatively and reports status to RN circulating nurse.
- Prepares medication for operative field according to hospital policy with assistance from circulating nurse and/or surgeon; correct route and label appropriately.
- Organizes supplies, instrumentation of operative field under the supervision of the RN.
- Collects labels specimens for diagnostic lab per hospital policy and procedure.
- Practices hands-free passing of sharps utilizing the “safety zone technique”, and agreed upon area to place sharps after each use to prevent sharps exposures. Ensures that the container/holder for the cautery is in place.
- Maintains vigilance for breaks in technique and informs the RN circulator.
- Prepares OR room for subsequent procedure in a timely manner being conscious of the 30 minutes turnover time.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
- Must be able to take call, and return to the hospital within 30 minutes of call-back.
- One CV (open heart) opening – work 4/10s (0600-1630). They will have call approximately 8 days a month that includes 1 weekend.
- ON CALL IS REQUIRED for Day or Evening shift- must be within 30 mins while on call
- Frequency of on call varies with staffing levels
- Day and Evening shift is rotating weekends
- Night shift- no call- no weekends
- 3 Day shifts- 4/10s (0700-1730).
- 1 Evening- 3-11p
- 1 Nights- 11-7a
Prior Surgical Tech experience/training
Certification as a Surgical Technologist
401k with employer match of 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Items
Sign on Bonus
Student Loan Assistance
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision