- Type of Coverage: Hospital Level ll Trauma
- Schedule: 24 Hour Call Coverage
- Patient Ages: Adult
- In-Patient/Out-Patient: IP (In-Patient)
- On Call: Yes
- Support Staff: Yes
- EMR: Meditech and Medaxion
- Specialty: Anesthesiology
- DEA/CSR Requirements: Yes
- Certifications Required: N/A
- Procedures Required: Regional anesthesia required.
- Travel/lodging provided
- A+ Rated Malpractice coverage provided
Daily Patient Volume: Approximately 35-40 cases per day in the OR. L&D has approximately 300 deliveries each month with 30% cesarean rate.
Describe monthly coverage requirements:
We have a variety of shifts: 10-hour, 12-hour, 16-hour, Trauma 2nd call (24-hour in-house), Trauma 3rd call (can be in-house or 30-minute beeper response time), and OB 24-hour call. Fulltime physicians work 50 hours weekly. There is no minimum requirement for per diem physicians, however 3 days to 2 weeks per month would be very helpful.
Describe the make-up of support staff (techs, nursing, mid-levels, etc.):
We have anesthesia techs (3 during the day and 1 who works 2-10 PM). There is an anesthesia tech on call on weekends. The OR circulators do help anesthesia personnel when necessary. We have CRNAs who are happy to help with pretty much anything, but practice independently.
Active CA License
Active CA DEA
Malpractice Insurance with a tail.